- Australian and New Zealand memberships have GST charged and added to the cost of membership.
- FIA memberships run in a calendar year from July to June.
- FIA memberships are not transferable.
- FIA memberships are not refundable outside of any statutory requirements.
- Corporate Memberships can have unlimited contacts, but an organisation must nominate a primary contact and provide details of all secondary contacts.
- Business Partner Memberships can have up to 5 nominated contacts (a primary contact and up to 4 secondary contacts).
- I/We understand that on joining FIA, the contact details provided and company description will be accessed by FIA Staff, Board of Directors and Committee Members, FIA's database software company and may be provided to FIA Sponsors and Partners. If I wish to opt out then I must email FIA stating my name, organisation, and email address in order to opt out of detail distribution.
All bookings made prior to FIA events must be paid in full to guarantee registration. Once payment has been received, an email confirmation and a receipted invoice will be sent. If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional.
Substitutions & Cancellations
Delegates may nominate an alternative person from their same organisation to attend up to 48 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges apply. All substitutions and cancellations must be received in writing.
Delegates should advise of any special access requirements at the time of registration.
Registration information will be sent to registered delegates by email at least seven days prior to the event. Any delegate not receiving the registration information should contact us by email
Alterations to Programme - Cancellation/Postponement of Event
- FIA reserves the right to make alterations to our event programs, venues and timings.
- In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled by FIA, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the event is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the FIA cancellation schedule.
If you are registered for a FIA event, do not attend the FIA event and fail to notify FIA prior to the event - FIA will add a note to your membership/subscription. If you receive 3 notes within a 12 month period, FIA reserve the right to not accept and or approve your registration
Cancellations must be in writing and incur a AU$20 administration fee. Cancellations within 21 days of the event incur a 50% fee. Refunds are not available within 14 days of the event.
Views expressed by FIA event speakers are their own. FIA cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at an FIA event or in any material provided to delegates by our guest speakers.
Photography & Filming
For promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during FIA events. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise the organisers by email to the FIA team prior to the event. By registering for any FIA event, you authorise FIA to take photos at the event. I agree that FIA is the owner of the copyright and photographs and that it may use the photographs for any purpose it considers appropriate, including publicity, education or other activities and may earn income for FIA’s own benefit. I waive any moral rights I may have. FIA is not obliged to exercise the right to take photographs.
By registering for an FIA event, you consent to having your details distributed to event attendees and that your details may be accessed by FIA Staff, Board of Directors and Committee Members, FIA's database software company and may be provided to FIA Sponsors and Partners. If you wish to opt out then you must email FIA stating your name, organisation, and email address in order to opt out of detail distribution no later then 7 days before the event
Websites & Links
FIA websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which FIA takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at FIA events. FIA cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
Speakers Terms & Conditions
- FIA may use the speaker’s name and presentation materials for promoting delegate attendance at our events.
- Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
- FIA may audio and/or video tape the speaker’s session and the recording may be reproduced and sold as part of the overall event materials. This allows delegates to purchase audio/video copies of presentations that they may have been unable to attend.
- FIA may reproduce copies of the speaker’s presentation (eg. PowerPoint slides or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be sold as part of the overall hand-out materials during the event and after the event. Any acknowledgement regarding Copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation, as these will be distributed to delegates.
- Speakers who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions, please email the FIA team before the commencement of the event.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact our admin team.